The mission of PACIF's Loss Control Services team is to help members reduce their potential for loss. Our staff provides insight, guidance, and direction through a wide variety of approaches including facility inspections, safety program assistance, promoting employee flexibility and strength, improving workplace ergonomics, a plethora of free and low-cost trainings, and information about relevant non-League resources.
This page has links to many useful Loss Control resources. For help learning what resources are appropriate for your municipality's circumstances, contact your Loss Control Consultant at 800-649-7915. If you're not sure which consultant to ask for, check the VLCT Loss Control Consultant Territories Map or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about PACIF WorkStrong, contact Heidi Joyce, Senior Loss Control Wellness Consultant, at 800-649-7915 or email@example.com.
- We created PACIF WorkStrong to help employees become more flexible and fit — and less prone to injuries at work and at home. For a limited time, you can watch a recording of our webinar The What? Why? and How? of PACIF WorkStrong (perhaps requiring a short download). A PDF of this webinar is always available. Two programs are currently in place: training for employees to lead worksite pre-shift stretching, and one-to-one consultations to assess and help improve flexibility, nutrition, and overall wellness.
- The PACIF Grant Program (on-site link)
50/50 matching grants of up to $5,000 per member per year, for pre-approved purchases that are likely to reduce the frequency and/or severity of PACIF claims. Apply by April 30 for grants to be awarded in May (Round 1), when most of the available funds will be distributed. Applications are also accepted from May 1 to August 31 for grants that are awarded in September (Round 2). See guidelines at link above.
- PACIF Scholarships (on-site link)
Pre-approved reimbursement for training programs related to public entity risk management and/or safety. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Guidelines and application are at link above.
- Online Law Enforcement Model Policies and Model Forms (LLRMI) (off-site link)
Current PACIF member police chiefs can log in for the latest Vermont-compliant model policies on the topics that most often involve liability issues.
- PACIF Online University (on-site link)
Online trainings for all municipal employees on various topics, organized by job type.
- Flood Preparedness Checklist
A convenient 1-page reminder of what to do in case of flooding.
Model Policies and Guidance Documents
Be Aware of Excavation Dangers!
An incident at a member site prompted us to write this 7/15/16 Loss Control Memorandum to review the importance of adhering to safety standards including the proper use of trench boxes or other OSHA-compliant techniques to prevent injuries and fatalities.