Posted on 04/07/2017 by the Town of Bethel
| Expires 05/08/2017
The Town of Bethel, Vt., is accepting applications for the position of Public Works Foreman. The foreman is directly responsible for:
- management of the Public Works budget;
- supervision of three full-time equipment operators plus any part-time laborers working for the department;
- payroll record keeping for operators;
- developing work plans consistent with the budget;
- managing inventory of materials and supplies;
- summer and winter maintenance of town highways and related work.
- The foreman will also assist the Town Manager with State of Vermont Town Highway grants, Better Back Roads grants, and procurement of materials and equipment.
- a minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a municipal or commercial setting;
- high school diploma (Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred);
- a Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one in a reasonable time;
- maintenance and operating experience with heavy equipment including dump truck with plow, loader, grader, and backhoe.
- Knowledge of small municipal waters systems is a plus.
- Water operator training will be required.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and any other relevant information to Bethel Town Manager Keith O. Arlund at email@example.com, or mail to:
Keith O. Arlund, Town Manager
Town of Bethel
134 South Main Street
Bethel, VT 05032.
Applications accepted until position is filled. The Town of Bethel is an equal opportunity provider and employer.