Advocacy Testimony and Comments
Following are issues of importance to municipal government from the 2017-2018 legislative biennium on which Advocacy staff members have testified or commented.
- Feb. 15, 2017, testimony before the joint House and Senate Government Operations Committees regarding local control.
- Feb. 07, 2017, testimony before the House Natural Resources, Fish and Wildlife Committee on the Clean Water Fund Report.
- Feb. 01, 2017, testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee regarding the Governor’s proposal for Education Funding.
- Feb. 01, 2017, testimony before the House Transportation Committee on VLCT's concerns regarding the transportation budget.
- Jan 19, 2017, testimony before the House Rural Caucus on municipal economic development priorities throughout the state.
- Jan 11, 2017, testimony before the House Government Operations Committee regarding upcoming legislative issues that will be important to local officials.
- Jan. 10, 2017, testimony before the Senate Government Operations Committee regarding VLCT's willingness to help shape municipal government-related policy during the upcoming biennium.